Skip to main content

Featured

Smile 2 is Taking on a Genius Point of View Through a Pop Star

  Credit to Parade I finally watched the Smile 2 trailer in theaters when I went to go watch A Quiet Place: Day One (it was surprisingly a great film).  I was so surprised when the main character was revealed.  I was not expecting the film to focus on a pop star.  Finally, something original and new in the horror genre! I always wondered how it would be like if someone famous were to experience a horrible curse. The smile curse concept coming after a pop star through the many disguises of her fans is honestly terrifying.  Her fans are going to take on a sinister edge, meaning that nowhere is truly safe for this pop star.  The trailer showed enough for me to become totally hyped up for the film, I'm so excited to watch Smile 2 in theaters on October 18th. I have yet to watch the first film, but I'm glad to see that we are getting a brand-new perspective in the sequel! Thank you for reading!  Emy Quinn

The Blair Witch Project is Getting a Remake. Why?

 


I'm sure that many horror fans of the iconic found footage film that started the genre; have heard about The Blair Witch Project getting a remake. This news upset me. Why does this film need a remake? It's eerie and amazing on its own, this film is the perfect standalone horror film. This is one of those movies that never needed to be touched. Like The Crow remake that is releasing sometime in July. 

(Why they decided to touch an already perfect film that was made in the 90s is beyond me).

Look, I do appreciate remakes of great films sometimes. If the film is given to a good director, they are able to truly create a complete reimagining of the iconic original that all horror fans love. However, some remakes are merely categorized as immediate cash grabs. The Blair Witch Project is already falling headfirst into that category. Once I found out that Blumhouse is going to be involved in the project, I lost all hope. Blumhouse has produced fantastic horror films, but lately this year, I have been very disappointed with the recent releases. 

I feel that the people behind the scenes have allowed their stories and writing to decline, the last two horror films Night Swim and Imaginary are good examples of that. Like Truth or Dare, another absolute failure from Blumhouse, it was merely another cash grab. The latest film I excuse from Blumhouse is Five Nights at Freddy's. I'm aware that horror fans weren't a fan of this particular film, but I have to give credit to the writers for that one. 

The animatronics were fantastic, (thank you Jim Henson), and the story overall wasn't that bad. The kills were pretty neat too. I think the only issue I had with the movie was the use of Vanny's character, I won't explain too much because of spoilers, but I can see why fans an issue with that aspect of the film. 

Despite Blumhouse's great success with that videogame franchise, The Blair Witch Project should never be touched at all. It's one of those films that should be left alone. The film has been a cult classic since the day it was released! It does not need a remake. I honestly hope the remake gets canceled during production. I'm already concluding that this movie is going to suck. If the other two sequels were complete trash, then the remake is going to be tossed along with the sequels straight into the trashcan. 

Thank you Blumhouse for forcing another cash grab upon your horror fans. 

I will repeat once again: THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT DOES NOT NEED A REMAKE!


Thank you for reading! Sorry for all the ramblings, I'm pretty upset over this remake...
Emy Quinn


Comments

Popular Posts