Skip to main content

Featured

Smile 2 is Taking on a Genius Point of View Through a Pop Star

  Credit to Parade I finally watched the Smile 2 trailer in theaters when I went to go watch A Quiet Place: Day One (it was surprisingly a great film).  I was so surprised when the main character was revealed.  I was not expecting the film to focus on a pop star.  Finally, something original and new in the horror genre! I always wondered how it would be like if someone famous were to experience a horrible curse. The smile curse concept coming after a pop star through the many disguises of her fans is honestly terrifying.  Her fans are going to take on a sinister edge, meaning that nowhere is truly safe for this pop star.  The trailer showed enough for me to become totally hyped up for the film, I'm so excited to watch Smile 2 in theaters on October 18th. I have yet to watch the first film, but I'm glad to see that we are getting a brand-new perspective in the sequel! Thank you for reading!  Emy Quinn

Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is Going to Be the Movie Contender of 2024

 

Credit to Entertainment Weekly

I’m sure that everyone has already seen the teaser trailer for Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice Beetlejuice. I’m 100% positive that every single fan is now excited and impatient to watch this upcoming sequel to the original cult classic. I will admit, after watching it, my heart was racing during the entire minute and seventeen seconds as I waited for the iconic villain to appear.

The small snippet of doubt I felt for a split second faded away once Michael Keaton spoke his one line:

“The juice is loose.”

I was expecting the iconic character to say, “It’s Showtime!,” but that one-liner still fit the character perfectly. It got a laugh out of me and once the title dropped in the trailer along with the release date, I could instantly feel that this was going to be a masterpiece. It’s been quite a long time since we have gotten a great film from Burton.

I believe his last one was Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, and even though I did like some of his other works after that film, I really did miss the old aesthetic of Burton’s films. It wasn’t the same without his practical effects, strange goth-like costumes, and an amazing cast that portrayed characters we came to love over the years. Just from watching the teaser trailer of the Beetlejuice sequel, I could tell that Burton has finally gone back to his old ways that fans missed and adored.

Micheal Keaton and the rest of the cast look amazing, and the fact that Tim Burton filmed the sequel in the same town as the original already shows that his dedication truly knows no bounds. He was determined to provide his fans with a long-awaited masterpiece, and a sequel I never thought I would want from one of his cult classics.

(I can’t believe how great Keaton still looks after all these years. Like seriously. He is the only one that could make Beetlejuice look like he never aged a day. I know Beetlejuice’s character is an actual dead dude, but shit! Nothing has changed, and it’s fucking awesome)!

I’m excited. You should be too, because I’m going to say it right now.

This film is going to put all movies coming out this year to shame. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is the winner of filmmaking for this year, and no one can make me change my mind.

Here is the teaser trailer in case you haven’t watched it yet!

https://youtu.be/e6yDanmWI1E?si=E0s3XrK4bNMzx0K2


Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn

Comments

Popular Posts