Skip to main content

Featured

‘Late Night with the Devil’ Delivers a Masterpiece Through an Original and Refreshing Take on the 70s in a Great Horror Concept

  Credit to  Late Night with the Devil (BYOB) Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite It has been a long time since I have seen a great horror film that left me terrified from beginning to end. I will admit, it has been years since I have felt this particular fear.  Finally, after three years, I have finally found another horror film that gave me the same terror I have truly missed.  Late Night with the Devil is the must see - horror film of this year.  It is a spectacular horror concept that delivers one of the best stories and scares I have seen in a very long time. The film is about a TV host in the 70s that is determined to become the number one late night show. The host and his crew decide to embark on a dangerous ride, by having actual evil present in their studio.  Playing with fire obviously leads to utter terror among the crew and audience, leaving the viewers completely mesmerized by what the film is going to do next. This film was such a refresher for me as a horror fan.  I wat

3 Reasons Why The Blair Witch Project is the Best Horror Film Ever Brought to Screen

 


As a massive horror fan, I have watched hundreds of horror films that I grew to love over the years. I have watched 80s cult classics, slashers, paranormal, supernatural, and comedy horror films!

While I love each of these films I have watched once, or about five to six times, there is one movie that has remained my favorite horror film.

The Blair Witch Project.

The first time I ever watched this film, I was a mere child. 

My curiosity got the best of me, and I watched it late at night with my family. The movie absolutely terrified me.

Then I felt a sort of elation shoot through me.

I was intrigued and scared of a horror film, and it was the first time I ever felt such strong feelings toward a movie. It was the only movie to ever make me feel this way. That was when I knew I had fallen in love.

The Blair Witch Project is the best horror film I ever watched, and there are three reasons why this became my favorite horror movie of all time.

The Authenticity of the Found Footage Was Too Real to be a Movie.

I think The Blair Witch Project was genius. The writers/directors went above and beyond with using a real camera to record the final moments of three college students.

While there have been a lot of great found footage films or mock documentary horror, none of them could ever capture the realness of the footage from The Blair Witch Project.

As a viewer, I feel like I'm watching something authentic. 

The college students arguing, expressing pure fear and terror, and the funny banter between the students comes off like actual people that are trapped in a horrible situation.

It feels way too real, and is the only film that portrayed actual real fear.


The marketing to The Blair Witch Project was the perfect time to mess with the fans. 

This film was released in 1999, and once I read the history behind the making of The Blair Witch Project; I couldn’t help but smile.

I couldn’t believe that people actually thought the footage was real.

People sent their condolences to the families, and hoped the missing college students would return and give families the closure they seek.

I thought it was hilarious.

First of all, this footage never would been released in theaters. This footage would have been given to the cops or the FBI, and it would have remained top secret for years.

Another aspect is that there is no way in hell the families would allow the real footage to be released to the public. It doesn’t make any sense, but somehow, the public still got fooled. Kudos to the marketing team!

The Ending is Actually Freaking Terrifying and is Still the Best Horror Movie Ending. 

All Blair Witch fans know that the ending to this film will always remain iconic. That ending is plain dreadful, and is the only horror movie I have ever watched that ended in a ballsy way.

It takes guts to end a movie like this, and that is why I love it so much. This movie could have been given a cliche ending or a stupid one.

Instead, we were met with confusion and terror.

Listening to Heather’s screams as she questioned why Mike was standing in the corner of the room is haunting. It doesn’t make any sense, and that is what makes this sequence so powerful.

We fans wanted some type of ending to make sense of the situation, but we never actually find out the mystery of the witch. We remain in the dark, and that is honestly so scary to me.

What happened to the students is horrible to think about, but I think we all know that it was not a happy ending.

Damn.

As you can see, I love The Blair Witch Project. 

It will always remain a horror icon for years to come. 

No horror film will ever top this one. 

It is perfect in my eyes. 

The perfect kind of fear that will break you!


Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn

Comments

Popular Posts