Skip to main content

Featured

Smile 2 is Taking on a Genius Point of View Through a Pop Star

  Credit to Parade I finally watched the Smile 2 trailer in theaters when I went to go watch A Quiet Place: Day One (it was surprisingly a great film).  I was so surprised when the main character was revealed.  I was not expecting the film to focus on a pop star.  Finally, something original and new in the horror genre! I always wondered how it would be like if someone famous were to experience a horrible curse. The smile curse concept coming after a pop star through the many disguises of her fans is honestly terrifying.  Her fans are going to take on a sinister edge, meaning that nowhere is truly safe for this pop star.  The trailer showed enough for me to become totally hyped up for the film, I'm so excited to watch Smile 2 in theaters on October 18th. I have yet to watch the first film, but I'm glad to see that we are getting a brand-new perspective in the sequel! Thank you for reading!  Emy Quinn

‘Late Night with the Devil’ Delivers a Masterpiece Through an Original and Refreshing Take on the 70s in a Great Horror Concept

 


It has been a long time since I have seen a great horror film that left me terrified from beginning to end. I will admit, it has been years since I have felt this particular fear. 

Finally, after three years, I have finally found another horror film that gave me the same terror I have truly missed. Late Night with the Devil is the must see - horror film of this year. 

It is a spectacular horror concept that delivers one of the best stories and scares I have seen in a very long time.

The film is about a TV host in the 70s that is determined to become the number one late night show. The host and his crew decide to embark on a dangerous ride, by having actual evil present in their studio. 

Playing with fire obviously leads to utter terror among the crew and audience, leaving the viewers completely mesmerized by what the film is going to do next.

This film was such a refresher for me as a horror fan. 

I watched this movie last night at 6:45 p.m. at a theater. I was so thrilled to hear that in my city where nothing really happens, we were going to have a Shudder exclusive movie present in a theater for once. 

I had a gut feeling this film was going to be amazing, and wow, my expectations skyrocketed once the film began.  

From the very beginning of the movie, it kept me on my toes. 

It had such a strong start, and the buildup was immense, it was the perfect slow burn with exciting moments throughout the entire film.

Even the small audience that was present with me was enraptured by the film, which is a huge rarity when it comes to independent horror films. This one left me tensed up, I hated the feeling I had during the sudden moments that took place in the film, and it made me so happy at the same time. 

Finally, a horror movie that broke me after several years.

Any horror fan that is reading this, please check out the film when you are craving a horror snack to munch on.

(Har. Har.)

Late Night with the Devil deserves a standing ovation by all horror fans. 


Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn

Comments

Popular Posts