Skip to main content

Featured

My YouTube Channel Has Been a Fun Horror Journey

  Credit to  A close up of a cell phone with a youtube logo on it photo — Free Youtube Image on Unsplash I have started my horror YouTube channel around June of 2024. So far, it has been an interesting and wonderful journey! I decided to create my YouTube channel, based on my horror blog. I thought it would be a cool addition to my horror passion! The channel name is called All Things Horror. So far, I have uploaded about five videos: Screenshot of YouTube channel I’m so happy with how the channel is slowly brewing! I am still trying to fix up the channel, I still got to include a cover for the channel, I’m thinking of customizing my own since I do like to draw horror stuff. So far, I have gone over a variety of topics, from books, games, and a movie trailer. I am planning to go over horror films, but I’m currently trying to figure out how to edit clips of these movies into my videos. I do own several horror movies digitally, so that’s one of the few things I’m determined to include on

Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere Novel is a Dark Version of Alice in Wonderland

Credit to Ghost Cities

Neverwhere is a fantasy novel that was written by Neil Gaiman, an author that has been known for his stories with a wonderful combination of horror and fantasy. 

Neverwhere follows the story of Richard Mayhew, a man that leads a boring life in London. He works in an office, is engaged to a woman named Jessica that isn't exactly a charmer, and he doesn't have the guts to stand up for himself in such a tough world. 

Then life changes for Richard when he finds an injured young girl named Door. His decision to save her and bring her back to full health led to a huge, unexpected downfall of his character. He finds himself thrust into a whole new world, known as London Below; where danger and death lurk around every corner. 

He befriends Door, who leads him on a journey of self-discovery within himself, and to find a way back home to his normal life. 

This journey that Richard experiences is the perfect tale for horror fans. 

It's a supernatural horror story that shows gore, scary moments, psychological torture, and amazing horror imagery. 

The story also does not hold back when it comes to the characters. The group that Richard and Door travel with don't show any mercy and are ruthless when it comes to their honesty amongst themselves. 

Their banter is both hilarious and sad, as Richard learns how to interact with this group, while holding his own. Despite all the terrible events he experiences from his horrific adventure, Richard learns how to become a better version of himself. 

I won't spoil the ending for you all, but I strongly suggest you go look for a copy of Neverwhere!

It's an amazing read, that I'm sure all you horror fans will adore!




Thank you for reading!
Emy Quinn




Comments

Popular Posts