Skip to main content

Featured

‘Late Night with the Devil’ Delivers a Masterpiece Through an Original and Refreshing Take on the 70s in a Great Horror Concept

  Credit to  Late Night with the Devil (BYOB) Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite It has been a long time since I have seen a great horror film that left me terrified from beginning to end. I will admit, it has been years since I have felt this particular fear.  Finally, after three years, I have finally found another horror film that gave me the same terror I have truly missed.  Late Night with the Devil is the must see - horror film of this year.  It is a spectacular horror concept that delivers one of the best stories and scares I have seen in a very long time. The film is about a TV host in the 70s that is determined to become the number one late night show. The host and his crew decide to embark on a dangerous ride, by having actual evil present in their studio.  Playing with fire obviously leads to utter terror among the crew and audience, leaving the viewers completely mesmerized by what the film is going to do next. This film was such a refresher for me as a horror fan.  I wat

The Arkham Tapes Are a Fantastic Horror Aspect for the First Batman Game

 

Credit to NygmaGaming 


After playing the first Batman Arkham Asylum game, there is one aspect of the game I loved. The first Batman game is probably the only game that brings a lot of horror moments to the franchise. Scarecrow was obviously a huge part of the game, he definitely did mess with both Batman and the player's mind, through a lot of spooky scenes. 

Killer Croc was another character that brought anxiety to the player, desperately trying to avoid the monstrous croc in the sewers as he attempts to eat Batman.

However, there is one aspect of the game that definitely plays brings more of a horror atmosphere to the asylum. 

Throughout the island where the asylum is located, Batman or the player discovers hidden tapes of the villains. The iconic villains were interviewed by doctors, to analyze their behaviors. The tapes really stand out, because we as the player are able to gain a peek into the psyche of the villains. We gain an understanding of who they are, and why are so terrifying to Gotham. 

Some of the tapes are freaking scary, and I love the buildup to several of these tapes. Victor Zsasz was one of the prime examples of how terrifying a killer can be. That ending to the last tape stayed with me, knowing that the doctor was too late to warn her colleague from becoming his next victim. 

If you're not a videogame player like me, I suggest you watch the Arkham tapes on YouTube. They are fun and chilling to listen to, it's similar to analog horror, and wow, those voice actors do their characters justice!


Thank you for reading!
Emy Quinn

Comments

Popular Posts