Skip to main content

Featured

‘Late Night with the Devil’ Delivers a Masterpiece Through an Original and Refreshing Take on the 70s in a Great Horror Concept

  Credit to  Late Night with the Devil (BYOB) Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite It has been a long time since I have seen a great horror film that left me terrified from beginning to end. I will admit, it has been years since I have felt this particular fear.  Finally, after three years, I have finally found another horror film that gave me the same terror I have truly missed.  Late Night with the Devil is the must see - horror film of this year.  It is a spectacular horror concept that delivers one of the best stories and scares I have seen in a very long time. The film is about a TV host in the 70s that is determined to become the number one late night show. The host and his crew decide to embark on a dangerous ride, by having actual evil present in their studio.  Playing with fire obviously leads to utter terror among the crew and audience, leaving the viewers completely mesmerized by what the film is going to do next. This film was such a refresher for me as a horror fan.  I wat

The Slumber Party Massacre Franchise is a Wonderful Fever Dream

 

Credit to Screen Slate 

The Slumber Party Massacre is an extremely underrated franchise. The series focuses on a simple concept, a driller killer going after teens during a slumber party. What makes the films stand out, is that this is the only series that actually changes up the killer formula. 

The driller killer changes up each time, and that is what makes the franchise so unique. 

In the first film, the driller killer is an escaped convict that goes on a rampage. Sounds like your typical slasher, right?

Then this is where the franchise takes a crazy turn. 

In the second film, the driller killer is a supernatural guitar rocker that appears from the dreams of the little sister from the first film. Absolutely insane turnaround from the first film, but I'm here for it!

The third film, which is hands down the worst one in the series; features a high school driller killer. Honestly, the villain in this one was so cringey, and I think this movie was really made for the shock value of the plot and kills. 

So yeah, the franchise is super weird, but I really appreciate the crazy differences the directors went for. The writers wanted to go for something new each time, and I love how the movies don't focus on the same killer. It's definitely one of the few slasher franchises that really stands out from so many icons and cult classics. 

In my personal opinion, my favorite one was the second film. The guitar rocker driller killer, (I never thought I would say that to describe a slasher), is a freaking amazing horror concept. The thought of a killer emerging from my dreams wanting to kill everyone with a drill while singing and rocking it out at the same time is a dream come true for me as a horror fan!


Thank you for reading!
Emy Quinn


Comments

Popular Posts