pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 Devil's Due was a Huge Horror Disappointment Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

Devil's Due was a Huge Horror Disappointment

 

Credit to Google

Devil's Due was one of my most anticipated horror movies when I was a teenager in school. I had grown obsessed with the found footage genre, after watching two great films, such as Paranormal Activity and The Blair Witch Project. I was expecting a fantastic slow burn, with a woman coming to the conclusion she was going to give birth to a demon. The cast was great, the story seemed exciting. 

What do I get instead?

A lackluster story with really dumb horror scenes that don't make any sense. 

After so many creepy antics the husband's wife performs, such as drawing a symbol on the floor, attacking two kids on camera outside while eating a dead animal, eating raw meat in front of people in the grocery store...you're telling me that no one called the police???

No one thought to question the oddness of the woman's behavior???

I was left so confused in multiple scenes, and I became kind of bored until the movie's finale. I felt sorry for the couple, since they were both great actors; but the script was so bad; that the impact was just gone. I didn't even know how to feel as the husband was being interrogated for his wife's mysterious death. 

Devil's Due was a terrible movie, and I truly regret watching this movie in theaters. I had used a $25 gift card to buy tickets...talk about a waste of money! Devil's Due is hands down in the top 5 most boring found footage horror movies you will ever watch!


Thank you for reading!
Emy Quinn


Comments