pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 Longlegs is the Bleakest and Most Disturbing Horror Film of 2024 Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

Longlegs is the Bleakest and Most Disturbing Horror Film of 2024

 


Longlegs is one of the best horror films ever made so far in 2024. The presence of evil is so strong and powerful in this film, I was left broken until the ending of the film.

This film focuses on the story of an FBI agent, who is determined to catch a serial killer known as Longlegs.

However, the story takes a huge dive into insane horror territory, one that I won’t spoil for anyone who is interested in checking out the film!

I haven’t been this tensed up during a horror film since Late Night with the Devil, the execution to Longlegs was a terrifying horror experience!

There are three main horror factors that make the film stand out.

Every single camera shot that takes place in the film is executed to perfection.



I couldn’t get over how wonderfully horrific each frame was during the whole film. Director Oz Perkins knew exactly what he wanted to give his horror fans.

He made sure that every single camera shot counted, providing an uncomfortable horror journey for all his viewers!

I honestly felt disturbed and creeped out during the majority of the film, when it came to the serial killer. Every scene that he was in was freaking scary, and I couldn’t stand the shots where only half of his face was shown.

Showing only some of the killer’s face made him appear more menacing, as if the director was purposely taunting his audience with this threatening figure!

The first time we are introduced to the serial killer honestly stopped my heart for a brief second. That shot as he quickly bent down to speak to someone was too much for me to handle.

Nicholas Cage gave out his best horror performance yet.


Yes, I’m not playing; Nicholas Cage comes out in this movie!

I was completely surprised when they announced that he was part of the cast to Longlegs. I had so many questions as to what role he was going to play. Once I discovered that he was Longlegs himself, I was intrigued!

Then I was left scared every time he appeared on screen.

For the first time, I found myself scared of Nicholas Cage. His performance in this movie is uncanny and extremely creepy.

The way that Cage delivers his dialogue was eerie too, I couldn’t get over the fact that the killer was Cage himself. Extraordinary acting by this amazing actor, and there was one scene that I couldn’t help but smile!

I know that sounds kind of weird, but I was just so impressed by his performance, I had to show my appreciation somehow. That scene was both oddly funny and scary, I loved it!

The violence felt…wrong.



Have you ever watched a horror movie that featured such extreme violence that you felt like you shouldn’t have been watching it in the first place?

The violence in Longlegs is portrayed as way too real, because we never see all of the deaths. Offscreen death scenes can be effective, because leaving it ambiguous is what makes horror stand out!

Then when the audience does witness violence, it is literally thrown in your face! It’s rare when horror movies pull off this kind of extreme horror, but Perkins definitely knew how to surprise his audience!

There are about three scenes that made me jump from the gore, and I felt defeated each time.

Longlegs is one of the best horror movies of the year, and I recommend that every horror fan go check it out!

I couldn’t bring myself to spoil any huge storyline, this film is too unique to spoil for any horror fans who want to watch this film in theaters!

Longlegs is truly one of the biggest horror gems of 2024!

Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn



Comments