pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 Megan is a Self-Aware Horror Movie that is Campy, Ruthless, and Hilarious Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

Megan is a Self-Aware Horror Movie that is Campy, Ruthless, and Hilarious

 

Credit to Above the Line

Megan is one of those horror movies that I really loved. The story is based on a robot that is created by a scientist named Gemma, that wants to give her niece a friend, and someone to babysit her, due to her busy schedule in the workplace. This decision leads to deadly consequences, when her creation begins to develop an attachment to her niece; willing to do whatever it takes to protect her friend. 

Megan is a wonderful addition to the roster of horror slashers. Having a creepy doll like girl as a threat to anyone that dares to harm her friend is so original. She is just like Chucky, another horror doll slasher villain that many horror fans adore. However, I think that Megan is much worse. 

She has super strength, is extremely intelligent, and is quite flexible and creative when it comes to her kills. She is the true definition of what a friend is; willing to kill anyone that stands in the way of her friendship. I thought it was pure genius when the doll would sing to Gemma's niece, giving the film a wonderful comedic feel. What made this add on so great for the movie, was that it doesn't even take away from the film, it made perfect sense; since Megan herself is considered a little girl. 

This film is a wonderful horror tale, and I can't wait for the sequel; where Megan will cause even more mayhem to anyone that is a threat in her robotic mind!



Thank you for reading!
Emy Quinn

Comments