pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 People Thought Werewolves Were Real for Three Centuries and Put Them on Trial Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

People Thought Werewolves Were Real for Three Centuries and Put Them on Trial

 

Credit to Pexels

Werewolf trials took place back in the 15th, 16th, and the 17th centuries. The trials took place in Europe, France and Germany where many people had a huge fear of werewolves. 

Women and men would be convicted for these crimes of transforming into actual werewolves and eating children. 

To clarify again, I’m not playing as I write this. 

These were real crimes that people were sentenced to death for!

The first possible werewolf theory began in 1521.

Two shepherd’s admitted to being werewolves, after making a deal with the Devil in exchange for food, to apply an ointment to their skin to turn into these beasts. They also attended witch gatherings, and ate children. 

After their confessions, both men were burned at the stake, along with a third man who refused to admit to this guilt. 

The punishments were brutal too, some of the ‘alleged werewolves’ would be tortured into confessing before they were executed.

Multiple similar stories continued with werewolves, with every witness claiming they saw the same thing when it came to how the beasts looked like. 

  • Glowing eyes
  • Long pointed teeth
  • Superhuman speed

To protect themselves from the werewolves, people were ordered by their leaders to carry any sort of weapon with them. 

Isn’t that insane? I’m not sure what to believe here. 

The trials continued until the 17th century, where the trials eventually came to an end. 

In 1692, people just started to stop believing in this madness. One trial that took place within that year involved a man named Thiess who was mocked for confessing to being a werewolf. 

They beat him and banished him from the town for practicing folk magic instead, as his punishment. 

It was reported that were thousands of people were executed for being werewolves in Europe, France, and Germany. 

It was actually confirmed that about 30,000 people were executed in France for these crimes. 

Now that is…I’m not even sure what to say to that. 

I struggle to believe that any of these cases were real. I do believe in the supernatural, but I think this is one of those stories I need to see to believe. I honestly feel so bad for so many of these people. 

How many of them died, all because someone pointed the finger at them and claimed they were a werewolf? That really sucks. 




Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn

Comments