pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 Speak No Evil Spoiled the Entire Movie in One Trailer Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

Speak No Evil Spoiled the Entire Movie in One Trailer

 

Credit to James McAvoy’s Upcoming Horror Remake Is A Huge Risk Because Of One Original Movie Detail (screenrant.com)

Yes, I have written about this topic before when it came to the movie, Abigail. I am planning to see it eventually, but I’m still a little upset that they spoiled the main twist of the little girl being a vampire. 

Oh well, that happened. It’s the past. Surely there won’t be another trailer that is even worse than the Abigail twist?

Oh boy, was I wrong. 

The film called, Speak No Evil released a trailer for their movie, and is going to be released in early September. 

For those who have seen the trailer, I’m sorry

For those who haven’t seen the trailer, please don’t watch it. I’m begging you, please don’t. It spoiled the whole film…why did the studio allow that to happen? Like come on, man! Is it that hard to not show everything?

Spoilers for those who haven’t seen the trailer:

TURN BACK NOW! BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!


Sorry for that silly warning, but the trailer literally gave away the whole movie, so yeah; please heed the warning.

Speak No Evil spoiled everything that we as the audience know is going to happen with the mystery family. 

The movie is going to be about a family that decides to make the stupid decision to go spend time with a strange family at their place in the middle of nowhere. 

Right off the bat, the family is uncomfortable with these strangers. 

Obviously. I mean, smart people would have known better. 

There are several red flags why the strange family is bad news:

  • The husband states he is a doctor, but then is caught in a lie. 
  • The husband and wife act super weird when the family wants to leave their property. 
  • The husband acted super affectionate with the other wife in front of her husband. 
  • The husband got really aggressive with his kid when he wasn’t dancing right. 
  • The kid tells the family that his dad cut off his own tongue. 

Wow, what a bunch of red flags. 

Now, here is where the trailer gets worse. 

Credit to ‘Speak No Evil’ Trailer: James McAvoy & Mackenzie Davis Starring Psychological Thriller Hits In September (theplaylist.net)

THEY SHOW THE DAD ATTEMPTING TO MURDER THE NORMAL FAMILY. 

WHY???

That action gives away the motivation of the other family right away. So, to summarize the film from the trailer alone:

A normal family goes to spend time with a creepy family that wants to kill the normal family. 

The only thing I don’t know is the motivation, but does that part really matter? The film has already been spoiled for me as a viewer. 

Maybe I would have wanted to watch this movie sometime later, but now I don’t really want to anymore. 

Why can’t all horror movies have the same marketing team that made the film Longlegs?



Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn

Comments