pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 The Exorcist Believer is a 'Shocking' Mess of a Sequel That Wasted its Horror Potential Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

The Exorcist Believer is a 'Shocking' Mess of a Sequel That Wasted its Horror Potential

 

Credit to Variety

When an official sequel was announced for the cult classic The Exorcist that was released in 1973, I was curious to learn how it was going to be executed. To me, the first film was perfect. 

The thought of an actual child on screen experiencing possession at the hands of a demon were peak horror cinema. It took guts to produce this film, and there is no way that this movie could have been today. 

Did I expect the sequel to be better than the first?

No. 

Did I expect a good film?

Yes. 

Did I expect the film to be…what’s a nice way of writing this…trash?

No. Not to the level that I witnessed.

Just kidding. I actually never bothered to watch this movie. Once I discovered what horror fans were saying about the movie, I was so disappointed. 

I was shocked too, because how could a director/writer mess up a movie with not one possessed kid, but two???

WHAT WASTED POTENTIAL!

After doing a little bit of research about the film, I learned several things about why this film was terrible. 

  1. The movie was lacking scares and wasn’t even dreadful.
  2. The return of the mother, Chris; from the first film was a mistake, because her presence felt out of place. 
  3. Regan and Chris’ changes within their storyline was so stupid. Why separate the duo? They were family!
  4. Chris was angry that the priests didn’t have her present in the room when they were saving Regan from the demon. She was clearly told to avoid joining the priests, because she would have possibly died.
  5. The parents of the two girls were so dumb in the situation, it could have been executed better. 
  6. The parents were given a choice by the demons. Save one girl, and the other goes to hell. The parents never really discussed the situation, or really reacted when they let one girl get taken to hell. 

This should have been extremely haunting, not just treated like…whatever! 

A little girl got taken to hell! They acted like it wasn’t going to be a big deal making this decision. How was the other girl totally fine after her trauma and losing her friend to ACTUAL HELL?? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE. 

Sorry about all these random rants. 

I just can’t believe how bad this movie was. 

If it had given to a different director, this film could have been a masterpiece. Not as good as the first one, but there was potential for it to be a great film!

Well…I did hear that Mike Flanagan, a legendary horror writer has been given the role of saving The Exorcist

Cool. 

I hope it’s a sequel, and the other one is completely ignored. 

So glad I never saw this film in theaters. 

I don’t normally say this, but The Exorcist Believer was an actual dumpster fire. 

Actually, I’d rather watch a dumpster on fire. 



 

Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn

Comments