pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 The Menu is One of My Horror Movie Obsessions Skip to main content

Featured

Two Sentence Horror Story

  “I used a dead body as a Halloween decoration.” “The best part about this wonderful day is that everyone thinks it’s fake, hopefully no one will notice that my neighbor is missing.” Thank you for reading! Emy Quinn

The Menu is One of My Horror Movie Obsessions

 



Credit to Robert Mitchell Evans 

You know how we all have our own horror movies that we love to watch over and over? Horror movies that we never get tired of watching? For me, one of these films is The Menu.

The Menu is one of the best horror films I have watched in years. Once I heard about the title, I immediately assumed it was going to be a cannibal kind of movie. I was completely wrong and surprised with what the film was really about. 

The film follows a woman named Margo, who is attending a food party of sorts, that consists of elite people trying out a well thought out menu by a famous chef. What starts off as an innocent tasting food event, turns into a complete nightmare during the second act of the film. 

Margo and the other guests find themselves trapped by the chef and his employees, determined to force them to stay and think about their evil wrongdoings they have committed their whole lives. Of course, the chef continues to serve them his menu, making sure that everyone has a wonderful tasting experience. 

I loved how this film took itself seriously when it came to the menu food items display, and how the film was self-aware when it came to the dark comedy of the main conflict. I couldn't stop laughing in several scenes, as the guests and the chef exchanged hilarious dialogue moments. It was a perfectly made film, and I will never forget my first experience watching this movie. 

It will surprise anyone who watches it for sure; it's an amazing entertaining ride! 

That ending with the last food item presented definitely made my mouth water! 

I wished I could reach into the screen to steal it from the film itself!



Thank you for reading!
Emy Quinn

Comments