pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 The Sadness is a Horror Film I Will Never Watch Again Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

The Sadness is a Horror Film I Will Never Watch Again

 

Credit to Polygon

You know how everyone has that particular film that they vowed to never watch again? One that you deeply regret ever bothering to sit through? That left you feeling traumatized and sickened?

For me, that was a horror film called The Sadness.

To begin my binging of horror films in October of 2022, I decided to start off the month with The Sadness. The story sounded so intriguing and entertaining: A deadly virus infects everyone, turning people into mindless killing machines that wish to inflict horrific pain on others.

Sounds awesome, right?

I was expecting a gore fest…not a journey that would damage my mind and leave me wanting to tear out my eyeballs after what I just witnessed.



Credit to Amazon

The story follows a young couple who is desperately trying to reunite with each other, but they each experience the most disgusting things that no human being should ever witness.

The virus did more than just force people to kill…humans ended up committing the vilest sins imaginable.

All that mattered to the infected was that their victims would suffer until the very end. To them, humans were the cattle, and they were going to do whatever they wanted with their prey.

The actions are...extremely disturbing.

I had to turn away from the screen multiple times, feeling disgusted with what was happening.

Why did I stay and watch, instead of shutting off the film?

I had to know if this film was going to have a happy ending. Something. Anything. Surely there was some hope in such a bleak environment, right?

Wrong.

The Sadness revealed the bleakest ending I have seen in a horror film. To make a long story short, no mercy was shown to anyone.

Everyone died or suffered unimaginable pain, and I have never felt so sorry for multiple characters in one film.

No one deserves to die like that, and yet; I was forced to endure their pain. I have to give credit to the writer/director here with this film.

They accomplished one thing: It felt like I was watching something that should have remained locked away, forgotten forever.

It was almost like I was watching a snuff film, due to the utter brutality of the deaths, and the realism of the actors portraying their fear and pain.

The actors did a phenomenal job with their performances. They made the film too real, and they did not hold back on anything!

The Sadness is an excellent story with fantastic acting on all ends, but I can't bring myself to ever watch this film again. 

This film...is way too evil for me to endure a second time.


Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn

Comments