pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 An American Werewolf in London Features the Best Werewolf Transformation of All Time in Horror Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

An American Werewolf in London Features the Best Werewolf Transformation of All Time in Horror

 


When it comes to werewolf films, I’m so picky. I’m not sure which ones to watch, because I’m always expecting the werewolf transformations to be littered with CGI. 

Some of them do look great, but I never feel any sort of dread whenever I watch someone transform. It’s cool to watch, but I always wondered how one would look if practical effects would be involved. 

My wish came true once I stumbled upon the cult classic An American Werewolf in London. I kept hearing from so many horror fans that this is probably the greatest werewolf transformation you will ever see. 

Of course, I had to check out this film. 

I was blown away by this moment in the film. 

The werewolf transformation is out of this world, and it feels like you’re literally witnessing someone transform in real life. 



This already sounds like a huge stretch, but I’m telling you, the transformation is incredible. I don’t think there has been any other werewolf transformation that felt so…real. 

It’s a great scene that starts off so strong. 

The main character suddenly starts to scream in agony in his home, ripping off his clothes because of the heat he starts to feel on his body.

He continues to scream as he feels and witnesses his body morph into a feral beast. I knew I was in for a treat when the main character’s hands started to literally stretch out, including his legs! 

My jaw dropped during this scene. 

I’m not sure how the filmmakers accomplished this part, the effects are on a whole other level!

Then hair starts to grow on his body, while his back is shown to be moving around during the transformation. It was so hard to watch, because of the sound effects. You can actually hear the dude’s flesh moving. That’s brutal. 

Then I fell in love even more when the transformation ended with the dude’s face slowly morphing into a werewolf face. 

Again…how????

How did the filmmakers accomplish something so extraordinary? 

This is hands down the best werewolf transformation in horror history. I haven’t seen one that could top this one as of yet. I feel like it’s so hard to pull off, because wow; something tells me those effects took time. 

The filmmakers put so much passion into this project, and I will forever be grateful to them for bringing one of the best body horror moments to life!



 

Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn



Comments