pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 How to Survive Your Murder is a Great Horror Premise with an Abrupt Ending Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

How to Survive Your Murder is a Great Horror Premise with an Abrupt Ending

 

Credit to Penguin Teen

Warning: Spoilers for How to Survive Your Murder

How to Survive Your Murder is one of the best murder mysteries I have read. I had doubts, because this book was considered to be for young adults, but I was blown away by how brutal this story was. The story follows a young girl named Alice, who loses her sister by a monster that murders her in front of Alice. 

While Alice is dreading the trial, she is suddenly taken back in time, to when her sister; Claire, was alive. Alice is happy to be reunited with her sister, and is now determined to prevent her death from happening again. Unfortunately, getting back her sister is filled with horrible consequences. 

Even more people Alice knew begin to get murdered one by one, receiving the same fate that Claire did before the time loop. Alice is desperately trying to figure out who is the murderer, with the help of friends and Claire. Once the killer is revealed, Alice loses her mind. 

Claire was the monster all along. The person who had murdered her in the past was only trying to defend others from getting killed by Claire. 

Alice finds a way to win, and gets sent back to her timeline. 

Then she discovers that Claire is still alive, now present for the trial. The book...then just straight up ends as Alice is speaking to her love interest. 

This really was so disappointing for me as a reader. I didn't understand why the author would end this story so strangely. It came out of left field, and it didn't really make any sense. I'm not sure if we're getting a sequel for this book, but if we're not...I question why the author felt the need to end the book in the way that it did. It could have been the perfect standalone story, with Alice realizing that she has to live with a total monster at home. 

It's such a shame that this story ended so abruptly. It was a fantastic murder mystery...until that ending. 

I really hope we get a sequel. There is a lot of potential for this story to go head on with the time loops!




Thank you for reading!
Emy Quinn


Comments