pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 'In Fabric' is a Confusing Mess of a Horror Movie That Wasted its Monster Potential Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

'In Fabric' is a Confusing Mess of a Horror Movie That Wasted its Monster Potential

 

Credit to Teaser

In Fabric was probably one of the few horror movies that I couldn’t believe sucked. I kept hearing online that critics said this film was original and really good…so I watched it. 

I experienced a number of emotions. 

In the first half of the film, I was so intrigued. The concept was interesting and so creepy…then I was met with complete disappointment for the second half of the film. 

In Fabric follows two separate stories of a woman and a couple who come across a red dress that appears to not be a normal piece of clothing. 

The dress is sold to these people from a store owned by a mysterious woman with dark intentions. 

This concept may sound dumb, but the execution in the first half of the film was excellent. The dress was perceived as a threat, something that no one would picture to be some form of monster.

It was even more terrifying to learn that the dress was ambiguously leaving injuries on the woman who wore the dress in the first half of the film. 

This was never actually revealed what the dress was doing to the woman, but it was open to interpretation. My theory was that the dress was slowly consuming the woman’s skin. 

To me, that was pure genius and a wonderful execution of horror. 

It’s so original and creative…than the second half of the film…turned into…whatever the hell that was. 

The second story of the film took a huge downfall and ruined its potential to feature one of the most unique horror monsters I have seen in horror.


Credit to Screenrant

I don’t understand what happened with this film. The dress monster concept was perfect in the first half of the movie. A woman buys a red dress from a creepy woman, and the dress becomes its own slasher. 

It attempts to murder several people, before successfully killing off the main character. It was strangely beautiful to watch as well, it was so creepy watching the dress flow in the air, going after victims. 

Then…the second half of the film took a horrible direction. 

The next part of the story now followed a couple that put on the dress, and for some reason, everyone was falling in love with the couple. It made no sense, because these sudden powers came out of nowhere. 

Why did the dress change its tactic?

It easily could have killed the couple, but instead…it decided to have people obsess over them? What’s worst, is that it didn’t even become a threat later. The people didn’t get crazy and attempt to kill the couple. 

They just…stared at them. 

There was never a threat, or any sort of danger. 

I instantly became so bored, and missed count of the multiple scenes of people obsessing over the couple. I was just…what happened to the excellent first half of the movie?

The dress being a slasher was perfect. It was so original and special…then dress just decided to make everyone horny from out of nowhere? 

If you think that sounds disappointing, wait until the ending. 

The ending came off so confusing, and could have been executed better.

Credit to Screenrant

In Fabric has a strange ending, that could have worked if it hadn’t been for the second half of the film. The movie ends with the strange woman going down an elevator, after her store gets burned down. 

Then it reveals a twist. 

Or what could have been a good twist. 

The woman from the first half of the movie, and the couple are now in a sort of endless cycle of hell, where they are forced to make deadly red dresses for the next people who happen to purchase them. 

It would have been really cool, but I was so done with the movie by that point that I didn’t really feel anything for the ending. It was tragic, but I didn’t feel dread. I was just glad that the movie was over. 

It’s so disappointing to know that this movie could have been so memorable. The second story completely took away the mystery, and the movie went from a scary tone to a comedy. 

I don’t understand why there was a sudden change to this movie. It’s a shame, because the monster concept was amazing. 

A killer dress? 

Man, that is so cool! 
If you are ever interested in watching this film, just watch the first half. Trust me, just pretend the movie ends after the main character dies; it is like watching a really good short horror story!


 

Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn


Comments