pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 Why Art the Clown is the Most Terrifying Slasher Ever Brought to the Big Screen Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

Why Art the Clown is the Most Terrifying Slasher Ever Brought to the Big Screen

 

Credit to Variety

Warning: Will contain minor spoilers for the first two Terrifier films

Horror fans have been introduced to a number of slashers throughout the many decades of horror. We have fallen in love with all kinds of killers!

Not literally. 

Why?

It’s all due to the incredible kills and the creepy personalities of our wonderful slasher fiends! 

We have gotten all kinds of slasher folk that have become horror icons that have terrified horror fans for years:

  • Freddy Kruger
  • Chucky
  • Michael Myers
  • Ghostface
  • Leatherface

However…there is one slasher that has gained popularity after two films have been released. I’m talking about the soon to be trilogy, Terrifier

Art the Clown is the slasher that was introduced to the series, and instantly gained a cult following from many horror fans. 

He is played to perfection by David Howard Thorton, an incredible actor that deserves a spot in the top 10 scariest horror villains ever!

Now, you may be wondering, why do I think this clown is so scary?

Well…there are a number of reasons why I am terrified of him. 

No pun intended.

Art the Clown’s personality is so uncanny.

Credit to Slash Film

Art the Clown is probably one of most interesting characters you will ever see from a slasher. Art is completely silent, he never speaks (kinda like Michael Myers), but the audience can visibly see what he is feeling!

He expresses his emotions through his faces and his body language, and it comes off so creepy! For example, if he is laughing, he will just laugh silently. Or if he is angry, his face will instantly show a pissed off look.

And let me tell you…Art is scary when it comes to his angry faces. His mouth won’t even close all the way. He will show a bit of his teeth, glaring at his next victim. It’s so eerie, I hate it!

Imagine this guy looking at you while you’re hanging with friends or family? I would immediately abandon my loved ones and go straight to the airport to escape from the clown. That’s probably the only way of escape. 

When you see him looking at you, RUN.

Art the Clown can also be…funny?

Credit to Daily Bulletin

As crazy as this sounds, Art actually has a good sense of humor. I can’t help but laugh whenever he shows his silly side. 

In probably one of the best scenes of Terrifier 2, he decides to put on a show for his next victim in a Halloween store. He tries on a number of glasses, just having fun with psychologically torturing his future final girl. 

In context, that’s not exactly funny. That poor girl was freaking terrified of him in this scene. 

The sunglasses that Art tries on first will forever be one of my favorite looks of the clown. It’s so funny, but so unsettling at the same time. 

No slasher has ever made me feel this way!

Art takes delight in his slasher kills. 

Credit to Movieweb

This is the kind of slasher you don’t ever want to get killed by. 

You think the other horror icon slashers are crazy?

Wait until you get a load of Art the Clown!

This dude will make each of those horror icon slashers we love run screaming for their lives! I know this is a huge milestone to throw out there, but this guy is insane! 

His kills are so bad, I can’t even share any of them. They are way too violent to even put into words. He never shows mercy to anyone, not even children. 

Let that sink in. 

This dude is willing to torture anyone that gets in his way…anyone.

Art the Clown’s backstory is ambiguous. 

Credit to TeenTix

Art is also a mysterious slasher. This evil clown literally appeared out of thin air and proceeded to terrorize multiple victims that came across his path. I have so many questions about Art’s character. 

  • Where did Art come from?
  • Who is Art exactly? 
  • Why are certain people connected to him?
  • What does Art want?

I kind of hope not all of these questions will be answered. To me, Art is perfect the way he is…but I don’t think I wouldn’t mind a backstory. If I were to find out that this clown was a demon, it would make a lot of sense. 

This clown is so unhinged, and his kills are so over the top. 

Plus, this dude is pure evil! 

I’m pretty excited for Terrifier 3. It will be released in theaters in early October this year! I can’t wait to see what else Art has in store for us, and I know that I’m going to be utterly disgusted and terrified of him once again!



Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn





Comments