pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 Why We Should Be Excited for the Silent Hill 2 Remake Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

Why We Should Be Excited for the Silent Hill 2 Remake

 


Silent Hill 2 is considered a cult classic for the horror genre. This game gained a huge cult following later after its release, and has been deemed as one of the best Silent Hill games from the franchise. 

The story, and the creepy environment and its characters is what sold the players to continue the journey of James Sunderland, as he tries to figure out how his dead wife sent him a letter to come to Silent Hill. 

What James doesn’t know is that Silent Hill has other things in store for him, as he is forced to battle monsters and confront his own demons when his wife passed away from an illness. 

Silent Hill 2 is a beautifully told story, and it does an excellent job of building up to the ending with James Sunderland’s journey. 

I was instantly thrilled to learn about the remake to Silent Hill 2 from Bloober Team, but I had some doubts after the first couple of trailers. The graphics looked slightly off, and didn’t seem to convey the dreary tone from the original game. 

Then during this week, a new trailer was released. All doubt has no been cast aside, and I’m really looking forward to the remake of Silent Hill 2!

1. The character designs have received a huge upgrade, and they look amazing.

Credit to YouTube

Compared to the original character designs, I am impressed. The team behind the remake somehow managed to capture the original game, with a new upgrade. In the photo above is James Sunderland. 

Isn’t it incredible how the remake looks to the original? The remake looks great, and I love how realistic James now looks. You can literally see every single detail to the character, the blonde hair of James is on point!

The rest of the characters are great too, the developers truly knew how to make our favorite Silent Hill characters stand out in the remake!

2. The environment to Silent Hill feels like a threat.

Credit to Digital Trends

The environment to Silent Hill is beautiful…and feels wrong. Bloober Team perfectly captured what Silent Hill is supposed to feel like. 

The atmosphere feels dangerous, like something evil is hiding within the fog and the empty town. Monsters linger in Silent Hill, so the thought that anything can happen to the player at any given moment is another great addition to this game. 

The sounds are most likely going to play a huge role in this game. The thought of there being no escape from this purgatory hell is horrible to think about!

3. Silent Hill 2 Remake is now going to be an open world game. 


This is what I wished we got in the original Silent Hill 2. The thought of exploring a cursed town and finding secrets of other possible victims that never made it out of Silent Hill sounds so eerie! 

That’s my theory what I think Silent Hill 2 Remake is going to focus on when it comes to the open world. I think it’s such a cool idea! The open world is a genius idea, and I can’t wait to explore the town of Silent Hill. 

Who knows what will be waiting for James in this mysterious town?

4. The combat looks like it’s going to be pretty tough for the player!


The combat doesn’t look like it’s going to be an easy journey for the player. Silent Hill 2 is known for the main character not knowing how to fight. The characters tend to struggle taking down the enemies in Silent Hill. 

Watching James use a variety of weapons against the creatures to survive is a nice upgrade. The players of this remake might have to come up with different fighting strategies in order to complete the game. 

I’m dreading the boss fights in this game. Something tells me that we are not going to be given a walk in the park…

Silent Hill 2 Remake looks like it’s going to be the horror game of the year. I’m so excited for this game, I’m beyond thankful that I’m going to play the remake to my most favorite horror game of all time!


 

Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn





Comments