pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is One Hell of a Good Time Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is One Hell of a Good Time

 

Warning: Will contain major Beetlejuice Beetlejuice spoilers

I was able to catch an early screening of Beetlejuice Beetlejuice on Wednesday night, and I have to say right now…this is one of the best sequels ever made to a horror film. 

The story follows Lydia Deetz returning to her old home where the Maitland's used to live, to mourn the passing of her father. 

She is struggling with her daughter that believes her to be a fraud, the death of her ex — husband, and her current relationship with her new husband to be. She is also experiencing strange visions of Beetlejuice. 

Poor Lydia cannot catch a break. 

Unfortunately, Lydia cannot escape from her past, when she is forced to ask Beetlejuice for help once her daughter is sucked into the world of the afterlife. 

To make matters worse, Beetlejuice is left to deal with his ex — wife is who hunting him, a woman that he claimed didn’t matter to him when he wanted to marry Lydia from the original film. 

So yeah, looks like Lydia and Beetlejuice are both dealing with their own problems.

Watching the original cast make an appearance in the sequel was great, I wouldn’t doubt that the cast had so much fun returning to their characters! And we even got back the original crew for the sequel as well! 

Can you believe it’s been 36 years for us horror fans to finally get a sequel?

I must say, the anticipation was well worth the wait! 

Michael Keaton fits into the role of Beetlejuice like a glove. It was like he never left, and we are given so many memorable moments of his character in the sequel.

I truly missed Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice. Watching him embrace the character once again was perfect, and every single hilarious scene got me laughing my ass off. 

I was so happy to see that Tim Burton kept one thing from the original, his feelings for Lydia never left. 

He actually kept a picture of his old love on his desk in the afterlife, and once he realizes that she came back home to him, he is thrilled to see her again. 

He even had their marriage certificate ready, and I died of laughter. Man, I missed this character so much!

In one of the best scenes of the film, he is seen playing guitar, lip syncing Richard Marx, “I’ll Be Right Here Waiting for You.” 

That part killed me, because it came out of nowhere, and it made perfect sense at the same time. 

Tim Burton is the only one that could have made something so random like this work with Beetlejuice!

The practical effects and the stop motion sequences were awesome.

It felt like I was watching the original film, Tim Burton truly stuck to his old school ways of directing! I never realized how much I missed the practical effects and stop motion until now.

It surprisingly worked so well in a modern like horror film, and I loved how it didn’t take away from what was happening within the story.

In one of the best sequences of the film, (I cannot imagine how long it took to make this scene), is when Beetlejuice and Lydia are getting ready for their marriage. 

All of the main characters in this scene are being controlled by Beetlejuice, dancing around the wedding cake, while Beetlejuice is lip syncing another song to his lost love. 

Crazy how Lydia and Beetlejuice both still look so good in their wedding outfits after 36 years! 

And it’s crazy to believe that he waited over three decades for her. Whoever thought a dead guy who could love someone this much???

I was so happy to see Lydia reference the Maitland couple, who helped look after her all those years ago. 


I think this was my biggest worry of the film. I didn’t doubt that Tim Burton was going to deliver a great sequel, but I was really hoping for Lydia to mention Adam and Barbara at some point when she entered her old home. 

Sure enough, she did!

Her daughter mentions if Adam and Barbara are still at the house, and Lydia tells her that she helped bring the couple to rest a long time ago. 

Hearing that line from her was so sweet, and it made sense for her character to do something like that for them. They helped her in the past and saved her from the clutches of Beetlejuice many years ago. 

It was also so awesome to see Lydia wearing her old school outfit from the ending of the original film, when Adam decides to give Lydia a dancing session with some dead football players!

Again, only Tim Burton could make something so weird and random like this work!
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice was an utter delight. I’m most likely going to go watch the sequel again in theaters, this was one of the best horror films so far in 2024!


Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn 



Comments