pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 Sam's Death in The Walking Dead Will Always Remain One of the Most Disturbing Kid Deaths Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

Sam's Death in The Walking Dead Will Always Remain One of the Most Disturbing Kid Deaths

Credit to Entertainment Weekly

The Walking Dead has had its ups and downs during the runtime of the show. It will always be a shame how the show lost a large portion of its viewership around seasons 7 and 8, due to poor writing with the story and its characters. 

The show was fantastic from the first season all the way to the sixth season. One of my favorite death scenes in season 6 has to be the Anderson family. Watching the youngest child get devoured by zombies was brutal. I loved the realism of this scene, because I was honestly expecting the show to do a cop out where the kid survives. Luckily, that wasn't the case here. 

Sam is eaten alive, the zombies literally begin eating at his head, going old school with the zombies loves brains trope, right in front of his mother and older brother. Watching the mother scream in agony as her child is eaten right in front of her is brutal. She is in so much shock that she allows the zombies to rip her apart next, as she endures the same pain her son went through. 

This is when The Walking Dead was at its peak of greatness. I wish we had more death scenes like this, because when it comes to kids, zombies don't just skip over the meal for a bigger one. They are always hungry, and they will consume anything they can get their hands on. 

Watching Sam die like that was tragic, and the writing in this episode was one of the best. 



Thank you for reading!
Emy Quinn
 

Comments