pinterest-site-verification=f146b84ea677a647403075b8d7061d53 What is Survival Horror? Skip to main content

Featured

I'm Really Excited for Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta in Gladiator 2

  I know this really isn't horror related, but I have wanted to bring this topic up for a long time.  After watching Joseph Quinn perform in Stranger Things as Eddie, I instantly knew that this actor was going to become huge. So far, he has already made a name for himself in the horror genre, appearing in A Quiet Place: Day One, Stranger Things , and another film that will be directed by the author who wrote American Psycho! I'm so happy to see that Quinn is now going to play a villain in Gladiator 2. I have a gut feeling he is going to deliver one of the best villain performances so far this year. I can't wait to write about Emperor Geta later on, once we get more of a glimpse into his character. Something tells me that this crazy villain is going to be delightfully insane, almost as crazy as some of my favorite horror villains! A new trailer is going to be released on September 23rd, I can't wait to see more of his character! In my opinion, I thought the music choice

What is Survival Horror?

 

Credit to Pexels

Survival horror is like a combination of horror genres. However, this kind of genre is defined as more of an action-packed adventure, where the person doesn’t feel in control of their situation. 

The person feels the need to defend themselves by the mysterious danger, doing whatever it takes to survive! It’s a terrifying world and is the kind of horror that can be quite tough to deal with. 

Survival horror always takes place in a terrible environment, where escape is impossible, and there is a lack of resources to protect yourself!

Credit to Pexels

In my personal opinion, survival horror is one of the scariest genres. The thought of being hunted by something or someone, with no way out is one of the most terrifying events to experience in horror. 

One of the best examples is The Blair Witch Project, a found footage film that focuses on the survival of three college students who are possibly being hunted by a supernatural force. 

To this day, this film remains the scariest horror scenario for me, the thought of being trapped in the woods with something not human puts so much fear into my body…

I couldn’t imagine dealing with a supernatural entity in the woods…just how the heck could you defend yourself against something like that???



Thank you for reading!

Emy Quinn 


Comments